Name: Myriam Quiñones Pescador
Where are you from and where are you based? I was born in Mexico and I live in Paris since 1994.
Describe your work? My work is to help people understand that we all have the ability to heal ourselves. For me healing is not only about getting rid of physical pain, but to heal on every level – emotional, mental, energetic and spiritual.
I help people to learn how to communicate with their body, how to deal with emotions and to understand where the problems come from. I like to assist people to empower themselves and become aware of their potential to create the life they want. I also give them powerful tools to become autonomous so they can continue working on their own healing.
On Monday after the attacks in Paris, you were guiding our Peace Meditation at Mysore Yoga Paris. Yoga shalas from all over the world tuned in with us from a far. Could you please share some advice on how to focus our energy in a Meditation for Peace and Ahimsa, non violence? What happens in the world is a reflection of what is happening inside each one of us, as a collective entity. We all have different levels of emotions or energies, positive or negative.
What I suggest for those who would like to direct their meditation to Peace and Ahimsa is:
- First close your eyes and tune into yourself. Breathe deeply. Try to find where in your body you feel violence, anger or fear (we all experience these feelings at some level).
- Once you find them in your body, you can imagine them as grey dense energies. Take them out with your hands and put them into a purple flame that you can imagine is next to you. Do this gesture, as many times as you need until you feel that that part of your body is lighter. Repeat the word CLEAR several times.
- Keep tuning into yourself and look for where in your body you feel peace, love and compassion. Place your hands there. Begin to tune into those beautiful energies inside you, recognize them and repeat the word ACTIVATE several times. This will amplify them and make it easier for you to feel them more strongly.
- Once you feel really connected with those energies, you can send them out to the world – especially to countries or cities you think need them the most at this time. If you want you can visualize these countries surrounded with pink light. (If other colors come up, use them, trust your intuition! – pastel, soft colors are best for Peace and Ahimsa)
- It is more powerful to access love, peace and softness within us first and then send these qualities out to the world!
How and when did you start practicing yoga? I remember that I loved going with my mum to her yoga class when I was 4 years old. She said that I loved doing the postures. But it was in 2011 that my friend Annemarie Sheridan introduced me to the Ashtanga practice and I completely fell in love with it. One month later I started practicing at Mysore Yoga Paris guided by wonderful teachers in the most beautiful shala – I knew that I was in the right place.
What is your relationship to yoga and does it in any way influence your work as a healer? Yoga has become an essential part of my life. The asana practice has helped me to be more connected to my body; I can relate to it on a deeper level and I´m more respectful towards it. Together with the Pranayama, my practice allows me to start the day with more clarity and focus.
Yoga has definitely influenced my work as a healer. It helps me to be more grounded and focused. The better I feel, the better I can help.
What inspires you to keep practicing? My inspiration is Yoga itself, such an ancient and beautiful practice. It continuously intrigues and amazes me. It keeps me exploring and discovering new doors in my healing journey.
Where do you go to find peace in Paris and why? Of course to the beautiful Shala of Mysore Yoga Paris. There I feel protected and surrounded by beautiful, peaceful energy.
What is your best advice to experience Paris? Experience Paris with the eyes of a tourist in wonder.